It has been awhile, but I am back……..

It feels like I have not blogged in a long time.  So now I am back with so much to share about the start to a new year.

We started off the new year with building our classroom community and getting to know each other.  In order for students to introduce themselves in a different way, they completed two different task.

The first is one of my favorites- The Six Word Memoir- students needed to describe themselves in six words.  This task was all about the power of words- or like what I like to call “Word Consciousness”.

IMG_2175 IMG_2176 IMG_2177

The second task introduced students to Animoto- a web based video creation program.  In order to get students acquainted with the program, students created videos about themselves.  Some examples follow-

I look forward to sharing so much more about our learning community!
Once again we have begun to Make Waves in Sixth Grade!

photo 030bae78-d578-4de2-b6b5-6ca602cbb293_zps2cb6674a.jpg

3 thoughts on “It has been awhile, but I am back……..

1. Hi, I really liked the videos that your students made they were really awesome. They described what they liked and had they felt and
    Consciousness. I liked the one that said ‘Cant keep still got to dance’. I love to dance, are you going to make more videos?

• Hi, I am glad you liked the students Animoto videos! Some of the students just made book trailers- I look forward to posting them! Have you used Animoto?

Mrs. Emerick

2. Hi there!
    As I was reading through your blog I noticed what a quality blog it is. Your post is engaging with photos and videos. Your writing is very organized it has a beginning, middle and end. I also wanted to comment on how cool your button is! How did you find it? It makes your blog have a unique style to it. Not many blogs have buttons, calendars, and animated characters! I really enjoyed reading through your blog. -Sydney