Summer Reflection

Even though Monday is the official first day back for teachers, tonight is the “unofficial” last night of summer vacation for me.  Tomorrow will be my first day back to set up my classroom.  Who knows how much I will get done because I will have my “helpers” with me.

But tonight I reflect on some of the things I have accomplished over the past two months.  I realize what a FABULOUS summer I experienced.

• spent time with family (The cabin in the woods in New Hampshire, outlet shopping in Freeport, Maine, Sesame Place, Legoland Discovery Center, picnics/cookouts, and beach/pool days)
  • experienced another Michael Buble concert- Madison Square Garden (my favorite)
  • channeled my inner child to ride a roller coaster and many other rides with my son (have not done that in 20 years)
  • read Novels, Novels, and much more- Some were the Divergent Series, Absolute Normal Chaos, and my favorite- One for the Millers
  • participated in Teachfest with over 800 educators
  • learned to build a structurally sound Lego building
  • can run ta mile in under 10 minutes- getting ready for a 5k maybe

All of these experiences have assisted me in being relaxed, rejuvenated, and ready to start a new school year!  I am so excited and ready to meet my new sixth grade scholars! 

So what did you do over your summer vacation?  I would love to hear about it!

photo 030bae78-d578-4de2-b6b5-6ca602cbb293_zps2cb6674a.jpg

One thought on “Summer Reflection

1. I love the book Divergent. I read the whole series, actually. I think you all did a great job. Have any of you read the whole series?